Recipe by Pokey in San Antonio, TX
You can make this with wings or any other parts of the chicken, just adjust the amount of marinade needed to cover. I've also included a dipping sauce recipe for the wings. These make great appetizers.
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1⁄4 cup garlic (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄3 cup fish sauce
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1 Thai chile (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons shallots (thin sliced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Process items 2 through 9 in blender until smooth.
- Marinate chicken, refrigerated overnight.
- Grill on hot coals until done, brushing frequently with coconut milk.
- Serve with steamed rice and dipping sauce.
- For the dipping sauce: Mix last 10 ingredients in a bowl and let stand 30 minutes before serving.