4 hrs 45 mins
Lemongrass paste may be used as a sub for fresh lemongrass. It can be purchased in the produce department of your grocer. Boneless chicken pieces can be used in place of the bone-in. The marinade itself is fantastic and can stand on it's own even without the dipping sauce. Recipe from foodnetwork. A tidbit of information...curry paste has no curry in it. It's just a reference to a particular type of Asian chile sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 lbs bone-in chicken breasts and bone-in chicken thighs
Sweet and Spicy Sauce
- 1Remove the grassy tops of the lemon grass, leaving stalks about 6 inches long, and cut off any hard root section. Using the blunt edge of a large knife or cleaver, bruise each stalk all over, then chop. Combine marinade ingredients in blender, process until smooth and pour into a nonreactive bowl. Add chicken, turning to coat all over. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 2Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil while stirring. Reduce heat and simmer 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened slightly, then remove from heat.
- 3Prepare grill or preheat broiler. Remove chicken from marinade. At this point I lightly season with salt. Grill or broil breasts and thighs until golden brown on all sides over high heat, starting chicken skinside down first. Then move chicken to a medium hot part of the grill or broiler until cooked through, 20 to 30 minutes total.
- 4Serve with Sweet and Spicy Sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai BBQ Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 594.7
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 191.0 mg
- Sodium 6910.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 51.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste