Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious Thai style stir-fry that is easy to make and can be easily made into a vegetarian dish.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno chile (thinly sliced)
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili paste
- 2 red bell peppers, bite size pieces
- 2 green bell peppers, bite size pieces
- 1 onion, bite size pieces
- 2 cups Thai basil, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- Stir-fry garlic and chili in the oil.
- Add the chicken, both soy sauces, the fish sauce, chili paste and white pepper.
- When the chicken is browned and almost cooked add the bell peppers and onion.
- When the veggies are done at the very last moment add the thai basil until just wilted and serve over rice.
- **note** if you want to make it vegetarian replace the chicken with some tofu. If you cant find Thai basil I would try regular basil although it wont be as authentic.
Adopted this chef for PAC Fall 2007! Lucky me! This was great. Made exactly as written except I had to use regular basil as I could not access Thai basil in my area. :[ No matter, the taste was really good. Just enough heat and incredibly easy to make. I chopped everything ahead, which I would recommend, because this cooks up fast. It did not take me the full 45 minutes, more like 30 including the chopping. My husband does not like green or red peppers, but I did make it with them as I do not like to make changes the first go at a recipe! Next time I may replace some of them with broccoli to make him happy. Would very much recommend this quick, easy and delicious dish. Thanks! :)