Delicious Thai style stir-fry that is easy to make and can be easily made into a vegetarian dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno chile (thinly sliced)
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili paste
- 2 red bell peppers, bite size pieces
- 2 green bell peppers, bite size pieces
- 1 onion, bite size pieces
- 2 cups Thai basil, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1Stir-fry garlic and chili in the oil.
- 2Add the chicken, both soy sauces, the fish sauce, chili paste and white pepper.
- 3When the chicken is browned and almost cooked add the bell peppers and onion.
- 4When the veggies are done at the very last moment add the thai basil until just wilted and serve over rice.
- 5**note** if you want to make it vegetarian replace the chicken with some tofu. If you cant find Thai basil I would try regular basil although it wont be as authentic.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Basil Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.2
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 1988.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 34.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet soy sauce