Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Delicious Thai style stir-fry that is easy to make and can be easily made into a vegetarian dish.
Make and share this Thai Basil Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno chile (thinly sliced)
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili paste
- 2 red bell peppers, bite size pieces
- 2 green bell peppers, bite size pieces
- 1 onion, bite size pieces
- 2 cups Thai basil, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- Stir-fry garlic and chili in the oil.
- Add the chicken, both soy sauces, the fish sauce, chili paste and white pepper.
- When the chicken is browned and almost cooked add the bell peppers and onion.
- When the veggies are done at the very last moment add the thai basil until just wilted and serve over rice.
- **note** if you want to make it vegetarian replace the chicken with some tofu. If you cant find Thai basil I would try regular basil although it wont be as authentic.