Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From simply Ming's One Pot Meals
Make and share this Thai Basil Shrimp Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 lb shrimp, rinsed and dried
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 5 -6 cups chicken stock, hot
- 12 Thai basil, cut into fine strips
- 1 lime, juice of
- Heat large saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 tbs oil and swirl to coat bottom. When oil is hot, add the shrimp and saute, stirring, until shrimp are pink, about 1 minute. season with salt and pepper. Transfer the shrimp to a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaning tbs of oil and 1 tbs of butter to the pan. When the mixture is hot, add the garlic and onions and saute until soft, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the rice and saute until rice is opaque, about 2 minutes. Add the wine, deglaze the pan, and simmer until liquid is absorbed by the rice, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Ladle in the stock 1/2 cup at a time, allowing each addition to be absorbed by the rice before adding the next. Continue until the rice is al dente, about 10 minutes. Return the shrimp to the rice, add the basil,the remaining 2 tbs of butter and the lime juice, and stir. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper if needed.
- Transfer to serving dish and serve.
Tasty, and HUGE! No Thai basil at store (and we have an awesome grocery here in AZ) so instead bought ordinary basil--- am uncertain what the taste difference would be. Store did have Thai peppers--little tiny things and wonder if poster meant that instead of leaves? Did add salt and black pepper. I halved the recipe but have enough leftovers for both of our lunches tomorrow. I halved the recipe and dh commented on how small lime was ... so measured its juice. It was 3 tablespoons and put in all of that and found lime taste to be nicely subtle-think I would use 6 tablespoons if I was making the entire recipe unless I learned later that the Thai basil has a stronger taste than regular basil. Garlic amount was perfect, we think. Think this would feed 6. Made for Spring PAC 2012. Thank you for posting boldyreal.
This risotto is packed with flavor and is really easy to make. We used fresh Thai basil from our garden. This is going into my keeper file. Thanks for posting!
Can't go wrong with this, very easy and delicious, I halved the recipe and was really sorry, certainly wont halve it next time!!! Excellent, thank you, boldlyreal! Made for I Recommend tag game.