Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is YUMMY!!! I have subbed the pork for chicken before with great success...fast to prepare, smells so good...taste even better! Best served with rice.
- 1 -1 1⁄4 lb ground pork or 1 -1 1⁄4 lb ground chicken
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup basil leaves
- 5 -6 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 3 -5 whole fresh red chilies (seeded)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- In a mortar pound garlic and chilies with a little salt into paste.
- Heat 2-3 tbsps canola oil in frying pan and brown the paste.
- Add in the pork, making sure you break it up.
- When meat is cooked (very fast; don't overcook), add in oyster sauce, fish sauce and sugar.
- Stir in basil leaves. Add more fish sauce and sugar if needed.
Very nice. I used 3 garlic cloves instead of 5-6 and used 3 small chillies to make the dish milder for the little ones. The dish had plenty of flavour and was just spicy enough with the 3 small chillies. If I was cooking just for adults I would probably add another chilli. We served it in lettuce cups. I will definitely cook this again - probably next week if my family has a say in it!