Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Vegetarian Times. Serve over jasmine rice.
- 1 cup firmly packed Thai basil
- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed cilantro
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon thai green chili paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 lb eggplant, cut in 1 inch pieces (4 cups)
- 1 lb zucchini, cut in 1 inch pieces (3 cups)
- 2 red bell peppers, cut in 1 inch pieces (2 cups)
- 3⁄4 cup light coconut milk
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- To make curry paste: Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth paste forms. Add water if necessary.
- To make vegetables: heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add vegetables and saute 5-7 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add curry paste and cook 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
- Add coconut milk and vegetable broth and bring to a simmer.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with rice.