Recipe by dianegrapegrower
Adapted (liberally) from Simply THAI Cooking, this is a favorite in our house, as testified by the badly stained page in my cookbook. Can also sub pork for the chicken. Change vege to suit your taste - green beans are nice instead of bok choy. Prep all ingredients, including the sauces, before starting to cook.
Top Review by kcwandu
First off I want to say that I normally don't write review, even though I should, since I am always using them to help me out. Anywhooo, this meal was FANTASTIC!!!!!! B/c I read a lot of the reviews I made some changes. First off, b/c i read a complaint of saltiness, I decided to go with Braggs ( natural soy sauce) and I did not use fish sauce ( did not have it) I just simply used 3tbls of braggs and 1 tbls of lime juice (read this is a great substitute for fish sauce). I also used the red curry paste and red pepper flakes ( read from one of the earlier reviews). I added a lot of vegs, ( broccoli, green & red pepper, onions, zucchini & mushrooms). My fam LUVD it. We will def be having this again and again. I cant say enough about how good it was.
- 1 medium bok choy, sliced 1-inch wide, whites and greens separated
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup shredded basil
- peanut oil, for stir-fying
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in wok. Stir-fry onions, peppers, and white part of bok-choy until crisp tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Add oil to wok if needed and stir-fry chicken, garlic, and pepper flakes until chicken is done. Add sauces in order, stirring between each addition to coat. Add cooked vegetables back and stir to coat.
- Add green part of bok choy and basil, stirring just unti hot-crisp, and beginning to wilt. Serve immediately.