Recipe by Debi
Another tasty recipe from Thai Cooking & More and this time for the grill. I've slightly modified the original. NOTE - Prep time does NOT include minimum 4 hours marinating time. NOTE 2 - red curry paste and hot chili paste (Sombel Oelek) can be found with the Oriental foods at your local grocer. This is NOT a sweet chili sauce! And red curry paste is not like the powder!
Top Review by HeidiSue
Well..it was just okay for us. I was serving it with an asian salad and we decided to chop up the chicken and throw it in the salad which we really enjoyed. So, in the end we felt the chicken was pretty good, but it just didn't stand alone very well. Sorry to leave a low review...I hate doing that! Thanks!!
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, coarsely chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled & coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon hot chili paste, I prefer Sombel Oelek
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated
- 3 lbs chicken pieces, your choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cilantro, jalapeño peppers, garlic, fish sauce, curry paste, hot chili paste and lemon peel in blender or food processor; blend to form coarse paste.
- Work fingers between skin and meat on breast and thigh pieces. Rub seasoning paste under skin and on all sides of each chicken piece. Good idea to wear gloves for this part. Place chicken in large resealable food storage bag or covered container; marinate in refrigerator minimum 4 hours or overnight.
- Prepare grill for direct cooking. Grill chicken over medium heat, skin side down, 10 minutes. Turn chicken and grill 20 to 30 minutes more or until cooked through (170°F for breast meat). Thighs and legs may require 10 to 15 minutes more cooking time than breasts.