1/1 Photo of Thai Barbecue Sauce
I know, that's a really long ingredient list. Pretty simple to make, though. The sauce is very flavorful without being very hot; I use it as a marinade or a stir-fry sauce most often.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic and red chile paste
- 1/4 cup honey
- 5 ounces tomato juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup plum sauce
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 10 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 ounce fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 1/2 ounces fresh lemongrass, chopped
- 3 ounces brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1Heat the sesame oil and cook onion (be careful, sesame oil has a low flashpoint and burns easily).
- 2Add ginger and cook 5 minutes.
- 3Add remaining ingredients and cook 20 minutes.
- 4Strain and cook another 20 minutes.
- 5This will keep well in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Barbecue Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1715 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2087.4
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 16994.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 463.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.2 g
- Sugars 247.4 g
- Protein 35.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garlic and red chile paste