Recipe by ChrisMc
I know, that's a really long ingredient list. Pretty simple to make, though. The sauce is very flavorful without being very hot; I use it as a marinade or a stir-fry sauce most often.
Top Review by pixieglenn
This had great flavor! We made it tonight with fried rice and chicken and the kids loved it! I made it exactly as described but with no cilantro or lemongrass (didn't have any) but it was still great! Thank you so much.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 ounces fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic and red chile paste
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 5 ounces tomato juice
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup plum sauce
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 10 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 ounce fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 ounces fresh lemongrass, chopped
- 3 ounces brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the sesame oil and cook onion (be careful, sesame oil has a low flashpoint and burns easily).
- Add ginger and cook 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook 20 minutes.
- Strain and cook another 20 minutes.
- This will keep well in the refrigerator.