Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This was in the most recent Joy of Cooking. I now have to double the recipe as it is so addicting.
Make and share this Thai Barbecue Ribs recipe from Food.com.
- 2 stalk lemongrass, with rough outside husks removed and tender inner stalks thinly sliced
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml chopped shallots
- 29.58 ml minced garlic
- 29.58 ml fish sauce
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml sesame oil
- 29.58 ml peanut oil
- 29.58 ml five-spice powder
- 4.92 ml chili bean paste
- 1360.77 g baby back ribs
- Put everything (except ribs) in food processor and finely puree.
- Separate ribs, rinse and pat dry.
- Thoroughly coat each rib with sauce.
- cover and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour or refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Prepare a medium hot charcoal fire.
- Grill about 6 inches from coals, turning frequently until ribs are nicely browned and cooked through about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Very good ribs, however I believe that they could use a bit of bite. Addition of a small amount of hot pepper or other spice would be good. Not enough to over power the taste but just a small bite.
I have made this rib recipe twice now and cannot wait for many more times. My husband LOVED it, and I made it for a potluck and everyone asked for the recipe. I did have to substitue the lemon rind for the lemongrass, but it was still wonderful.The ingredients are a bit pricey, but will last a long time. Very easy to make in the food processor. Great recipe.
Very nice Thai taste.