1/1 Photo of Thai Barbecue Chicken With Sweet-Hot Dipping Sauce
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 15 mins
In Thailand, I understand that this is street food. When I lived in L.A., my co-workers and I used to visit a restaurant simply called Thai BBQ. It served this kind of marinated barbecued chicken, as well as other bbq items, all served with sticky rice and this tasty sauce for dipping. They also had "Thai Iced Tea", made with sweetened condensed milk, but I found it to be too cloyingly sweet. The chicken, though! Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
for the chicken
- 3 lbs chicken parts (your choice)
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, stems and all, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
for the dip sauce
- 1Stir together all the marinade ingredients.
- 2Add chicken and toss to coat.
- 3Marinate at room temp 45 minutes or overnight, chilled.
- 4Bring vinegar to a boil in a non-reactive pan.
- 5Add sugar and simmer 5 minutes, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- 6Add the garlic, salt, and sambal and remove from heat.
- 7Cool before serving.
- 8Remove chicken from marinade and discard the marinade.
- 9Grill or broil 7-10 minutes on each side, until juices run clear.
- 10Serve with sticky rice and dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Barbecue Chicken With Sweet-Hot Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 831.5
- Calories from Fat 368
- Total Fat 40.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 264.3 mg
- Sodium 1329.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 25.6 g
- Protein 82.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk