Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you like unusual salad combinations, you must try this one. It contains bananas, herbs, snow pea sprouts and lettuce with a great green chilli dressing and is served topped with peanuts. Serve this up and be prepared for many compliments. It's also great with sliced chicken or prawns on top. If you prefer the snow pea sprouts can be replaced with snow peas, or use both!
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1⁄2 head lettuce, torn into bite size pieces (or 1 packet mixed salad leaves)
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup snow pea sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaf
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf
- 1⁄4 cup roasted peanuts
- 2 green chilies, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk (I use reduced fat)
- To make the dressing, place chillies, ginger, fish sauce, lemon juice, sugar and coconut milk in a jar with a firm fitting lid.
- Shake until combined.
- Combine lettuce or packaged salad leaves with the banana, cucumber, snow peas, mint and coriander in a bowl.
- Pour dressing over and top with roasted peanuts just before serving.
- If you aren't planning on serving this immediately it is a good idea to leave the bananas out, then just before serving slice them and mix them through.
Very good for a change-of-pace salad but a bit spicier than our usual. Next time I will use only one chili to cut down on the heat.