Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from the SlimLines column of the Thursday magazine dated April 20th-26th'2006. Enjoy!
- 500 g prawns
- 5 coriander roots, crushed
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 slices ginger, crushed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon maggi seasoning, sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cups mung bean noodles, soaked and cut into short lengths
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add corriander root, ginger, pepper and onion.
- Stir-fry for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Remove from wok.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Fold in the noodles, sauces, salt and the sesame oil.
- Toss to coat the noodles well in this mixture.
- Add prawns and toss again.
- Divide the meal into four individual portions.
- Place each portion in a cup with a lid and close the lid.
- Bake each cup for 10 minutes at 460C and bake or until the prawns are cooked.
- Serve hot with tomatoes and spring onions.