Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is Thai flavours cooked in a British method. Homely food, nice dessert.
- 350 ml milk
- 4 ounces desiccated coconut
- 2 ounces semolina
- 3 medium eggs
- 3 ounces caster sugar
- 2 kiwi
- 1 star fruit
- Place the milk in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, add the coconut, pour into a basin and leave to cool.
- Beat semolina, eggs and sugar into the cooled milk mixture.
- Place the basin over a pan of slow simmering water and stir until mixture thickens.
- Pour into a greased 2 lb loaf tin and bake at gas 4 for 30 minutes and then grill under medium grill until golden.
- Cut into bars and serve warm with slices of the kiwi and star fruit.
this was good. a little time consuming but good and came out smooth and delicious. i threw in some vanilla during the thickening stage. i also didnt care for the texture of the coconut. i even put in a lot less than the recipe called for but i think next time i will just use coconut milk to get the flavor. and i think there will be a next time. thanks