Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
This sweet and creamy shrimp dish is a snap to make, plus it’s high in magnesium and iron, which both aid in muscle recovery.
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 10 shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- Add chicken stock and diced tomato in a small pot and simmer over low heat (5 minutes).
- add coconut milk and continue to simmer to meld all the flavors together and that the sauce has thickened.
- Add shrimp and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and take shrimp out on a separate dish and add almond butter and apple sauce and whisk in the thickened sauce.
- Add the shrimp into bowls and add extra tomato slices for garnish as desired.