Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I tried this recipe yesterday and was really pleased with it. I served it as a side dish with grilled Asian chicken and jasmine rice. It was delicious! As an alternative, add 1/2 cup of cubed mangoes and replace green onions with fresh cilantro.
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 eggplant (cubed)
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 15 ml ginger (powder or fresh)
- 15 ml tamari soy sauce
- 15 ml rice vinegar
- 5 ml brown sugar
- 5 ml sesame oil
- 3 green onions (chopped)
- hot pepper (optional)
- roasted sesame seeds (to taste)
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add cubed eggplant, chopped pepper, garlic, ginger and pepper.
- Cook until eggplant browned (approx. 3-5 minutes).
- Mix and add tamari sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar and sesame oil.
- Top and serve with sesame seeds and green onions.
Very good, and simple to prepare, pleasantly spicy and aromatic. I did add the hot pepper, for a nice tang! A nice way to ring the changes with eggplant! Served with basmati rice for a light supper, thank you, Sushi baby. Made for PAC Spring 2009