1/4 Photos of TGIFriday's Pecan-Crusted Chicken Salad
Crafty Lady 13's Note:
Don't let the lengthy directions fool you; this salad is not difficult to prepare. Pecan-crusted chicken, served sliced and chilled on salad greens, tossed with Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing, topped with mandarin oranges, sweet-glazed pecans, celery, dried cranberries, and Bleu cheese. Time does not include chill time. I borrowed a friend's cookbook entitled Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2 and wanted to put this recipe here so that I wouldn't lose it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1Make the pecan-crusted chicken first since it is served cold.
- 2Pound each chicken fillet to about 1/2-inch thick. You can do this easily by covering each chicken breast in plastic wrap, and pounding with a kitchen mallet.
- 3Combine 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, corn flake crumbs, and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a shallow bowl.
- 4Combine milk with beaten eggs in another shallow bowl.
- 5Dump the flour into another shallow bowl.
- 6Bread each chicken breast by coating each with flour.
- 7Dip the flour-dusted chicken into the egg mixture.
- 8Coat the chicken with a thick coating of the pecans and corn flake crumbs.
- 9Preheat 1/2 cup canola oil in a large skillet over medium/low heat.
- 10When the oil is hot, saute the chicken fillets for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- 11Cool chicken on a rack or paper-towels.
- 12When you can handle the chicken, cover it and refrigerate it for at least two hours.
- 13As the chicken chills, you can make the balsamic vinaigrette by combining 1 cup canola oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, granulated sugar and 1/2 tsp salt in a blender.
- 14Blend on low speed for just a few seconds, or until the dressing begins to thicken. Don't blend too long or your vinaigrette will get too thick, like mayonnaise.
- 15Pour vinaigrette into a small bowl and mix in minced garlic.
- 16Chill this until you're ready to use it.
- 17When you're ready to build your salad, toss lettuce and celery with about 3/4 cup of the balsamic vinaigrette.
- 18Arrange the lettuce on four plates, then sprinkle the cranberries over the lettuce (about 1/4 cup per serving).
- 19Combine the 3 tablespoons of brown sugar with 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans.
- 20Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the mixture on each salad.
- 21Sprinkle about 1/2 can of drained mandarin orange segments over each salad, followed by about 2 tablespoons of crumbled bleu cheese.
- 22Slice each chicken fillet into thin strips. Arrange one sliced chicken fillet on top of each salad and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for TGIFriday's Pecan-Crusted Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (999 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1671.5
- Calories from Fat 1126
- Total Fat 125.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 189.7 mg
- Sodium 4059.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.1 g
- Sugars 40.9 g
- Protein 54.1 g