I clipped this recipe from an old issue of Woman's Day magazine. It is an easy recipe that involves no marinating time. I have included directions for using fresh or frozen wings, depending upon which you prefer to use. See the notes at the bottom of the instructions for cooking the frozen wings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 15 fresh chicken wings (about 3 pounds)
- cherry tomatoes, as garnish
- carrot, cut in sticks,as garnish
- celery, cut in sticks,as garnsih
- blue cheese dressing, for dipping
- 1Line a large broiler pan with a rack with foil in the bottom to catch drippings.
- 2Set oven rack to 3-4" from the heat source and turn on your broiler.
- 3Cut each wing into three pieces- a mini drummette, a bent wing portion, and a pointy wing tip- discard the wing tips.
- 4Combine sauce ingredients in a large bowl, then dump in chicken and mix to coat well.
- 5Set chicken pieces onto the broiler rack, reserving the sauce in the bowl.
- 6Broil for 12 minutes, then turn over the chicken and brush with reserved sauce.
- 7Broil another 8-10 minutes or until chicken is browned and cooked through.
- 8Set cooked chicken in a mound on a platter.
- 9Surround the chicken with carrot sticks, celery sticks, cherry tomatoes, and a small dish of blue cheese dressing on the side.
- 10Note: If you want to use frozen chicken wings instead, don't thaw them.
- 11Count out 30 frozen, precut wing parts and coat them with the sauce.
- 12Bake (instead of broiling) in the lined broiler pan at the temperature suggested on the chicken wing package for the time indicated for that amount of chicken on your package- this will probably be longer than the time for broiling from fresh.
- 13Brush with the reserved sauce halfway through the baking time.
- 14Garnish as indicated above.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for TGI Friday's Style Wings
Serving Size: 1 (912 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 60.2
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 18.8 mg
- Sodium 70.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 4.5 g