Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I clipped this recipe from an old issue of Woman's Day magazine. It is an easy recipe that involves no marinating time. I have included directions for using fresh or frozen wings, depending upon which you prefer to use. See the notes at the bottom of the instructions for cooking the frozen wings.
- Line a large broiler pan with a rack with foil in the bottom to catch drippings.
- Set oven rack to 3-4" from the heat source and turn on your broiler.
- Cut each wing into three pieces- a mini drummette, a bent wing portion, and a pointy wing tip- discard the wing tips.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a large bowl, then dump in chicken and mix to coat well.
- Set chicken pieces onto the broiler rack, reserving the sauce in the bowl.
- Broil for 12 minutes, then turn over the chicken and brush with reserved sauce.
- Broil another 8-10 minutes or until chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Set cooked chicken in a mound on a platter.
- Surround the chicken with carrot sticks, celery sticks, cherry tomatoes, and a small dish of blue cheese dressing on the side.
- Note: If you want to use frozen chicken wings instead, don't thaw them.
- Count out 30 frozen, precut wing parts and coat them with the sauce.
- Bake (instead of broiling) in the lined broiler pan at the temperature suggested on the chicken wing package for the time indicated for that amount of chicken on your package- this will probably be longer than the time for broiling from fresh.
- Brush with the reserved sauce halfway through the baking time.
- Garnish as indicated above.
These wings were wonderful, spicy but not hot, and full of flavor, extended the cooking time but only because that suited me.Had the vegetables platter as you suggested in the recipe, and found a blue dressing and potato skins recipe on Zaar to go with it. We had a great meal, thank you.
This has become our favourite wings recipe. I usually double the recipe. I use fresh garlic instead of garlic salt (about 4 large cloves for a double recipe) and add a bit of cumin and cayenne pepper.
This is a wonderful buffalo wings i will always add extra fresh slice chili, this dish are very suitable for party too!! thank you