Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Source: newschannel5.com - Jennifer Saari, TGI Friday’s
- 2 (226.79 g) chicken breasts
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml chopped garlic
- 118.29 ml shredded white chihuahua cheese
- 2 slice American cheese
- mashed potatoes
- 29.58 ml chopped garlic
- 29.58 ml chopped parsley
- 56.69 g olive oil
- 4.92 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 1.23 ml salt
pepper and onion medley
- 1 green pepper, julienne
- 1 red pepper, julienne
- 1 yellow onion, julienne
- Pound chicken breasts to even thickness.
- Combine all marinade ingredients. Place chicken breasts in marinade and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Slice peppers and onions and sauté in olive oil until al dente. Season with salt and pepper.
- Saute chicken breasts in olive oil over medium heat; cook evenly on both sides to a golden brown color.
- Heat cast iron skillet on burner over medium heat until very hot. Place mashed potatoes on top portion of skillet. Place cheeses on bottom portion of skillet and cover with pepper and onion medley. Add chicken to top of pepper and onion medley, resting on potatoes. Top with chopped parsley. Serve “sizzling.".
Top notch! I ate this the other night at TGI Friday's with my boyfriend and we split the entree. It was the perfect serving for us two (came with two medium pieces of chicken as the recipe requires), so I do not agree that this makes 4 servings. For four people, definitely double the chicken / marinade. I used polska kielbasa instead of chicken as you can see in the photo I uploaded. I will be making this again; thanks!
did find the cheese... shredded too, it melted beautifully underneath everything.substituted American cheese for mild cheddar slices. yummy. I was very impressed. tasted as good as at the restaurant. sorry couldn't load a picture cause we ate it all. Next time I'll photograph the outcome before its devoured.
I've never had this dish at TGIFriday's, but my husband has. So I'll take his word for it that he loved this copycat and it was close to the real thing. I loved the pepper medley a lot. The flavors were really good together.