Recipe by Kerry Ciulla
Source: newschannel5.com - Jennifer Saari, TGI Friday’s
Top Review by pharmd14
Top notch! I ate this the other night at TGI Friday's with my boyfriend and we split the entree. It was the perfect serving for us two (came with two medium pieces of chicken as the recipe requires), so I do not agree that this makes 4 servings. For four people, definitely double the chicken / marinade. I used polska kielbasa instead of chicken as you can see in the photo I uploaded. I will be making this again; thanks!
- 2 (4 ounce) chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 cup shredded white chihuahua cheese
- 2 slices American cheese
- mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
pepper and onion medley
- 1 green pepper, julienne
- 1 red pepper, julienne
- 1 yellow onion, julienne
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound chicken breasts to even thickness.
- Combine all marinade ingredients. Place chicken breasts in marinade and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Slice peppers and onions and sauté in olive oil until al dente. Season with salt and pepper.
- Saute chicken breasts in olive oil over medium heat; cook evenly on both sides to a golden brown color.
- Heat cast iron skillet on burner over medium heat until very hot. Place mashed potatoes on top portion of skillet. Place cheeses on bottom portion of skillet and cover with pepper and onion medley. Add chicken to top of pepper and onion medley, resting on potatoes. Top with chopped parsley. Serve “sizzling.".