Recipe by Deb's Recipes
A holiday-season favorite, I clipped this TGI Friday's drink recipe from the newspaper.
Top Review by jed4570
Great Holiday drink. I use those 7 1/2 inch cylindrical bud vases you can get at WalMart, Michaels, etc. for maybe a buck or so. Chill them in the freezer and the grenadine works better. You do have to work fast, though.
- 1 fluid ounce white Creme de Cacao
- 1 fluid ounce peppermint schnapps
- 1 fluid ounce half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄4 cup crushed ice
- whipped cream
- peppermint candy cane
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine liqueurs, half and half, ice cream, and crushed ice in a blender; blend until smooth.
- Swirl grenadine syrup around the inside (moving from bottom to top) of a tall glass; quickly pour the drink into the glass (to freeze and hold the red swirl against the glass).
- Serve topped with whipped cream and the candy cane which doubles as a drink stirrer.
- A non-alcoholic version of this drink may be made using 1 cup vanilla ice cream, 1/2 cup milk, and 5-6 drops peppermint extract.