Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a clone recipe adaptation of the TGI Friday's recipe. Cooking time is the time it takes to refrigerate.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black-eyed peas
- 2 (15 ounce) cans canned corn niblets
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup diced white onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced seedless jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Open the black eyed peas and pour into a colander in the sink.
- Rinse with cold water until free from brine.
- Leave in colander to completely dry.
- Place remaining vegetables and herbs in a mixing bowl.
- Add black eyed peas and corn and mix gently.
- To Make Dressing: Combine olive oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl and whip until the honey is well blended with all the other ingredients.
- Pour dressing over mixture and stir with a rubber spatula.
- Store salsa in a covered container.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.
- Can be prepared 1 day in advance.
I loved this - tastes just like TGIF. I doubled the red wine vinegar and honey since it didn't seem to have enough dressing. I will definitely make again.
Good crunchy texture, but a little too bland for my liking. I definitely will make it again tho'...our company liked it on New year's Day.