Recipe by sweethonesty24 Fleming
I just threw this together one night and my family had a fit over it. The chopping is the hardest thing about it, putting it together is a breeze. It's really good with a ketchup sauce I use to put on top of your warm slice when it's done. Ketchup and sugar to your taste. That's all!
- 3 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 2 carrots (Peeled, cut in half then sliced in 1/8-inch slices)
- 3 small potatoes (Peeled and diced in 1/2-inch squares)
- 1⁄2 cup vidalia onion, diced small
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, diced small
- 2 garlic cloves, diced small
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
EMERILS CREOLE SPICE (use 1 teaspoon)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- MEATLOAF: Mix all ingredients, put into a big casserole pan, or any big pan.
- Bake at 350°F for about an hour.
- Some stoves vary so check by pricking the middle of the loaf to see if it is done.
- EMERILS CREOLE SPICE: Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.