Recipe by English_Rose
A lovely potato salad with the addition of bacon, eggs, pickles and scallions mixed with a tangy, creamy dill dressing. Best served warm.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs floury potatoes, peeled and cut into 1in cubes
- 6 slices streaky bacon, smoked, cooked until crisp
- 2 large dill pickles, diced
- 2 eggs, hard boiled, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, snipped
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the potatoes in salted water until soft, then drain and return to the heat to dry out. It is important that the potatoes are thoroughly cooked.
- Combine the potatoes with the crumbled crispy bacon, the diced pickles, eggs and scallions. Season.
- Combine the remaining ingredients to make the dressing.
- Fold enough of the dressing into the salad to make it creamy.
- Try to fold everything together while the potatoes are still warm, and allow the potatoes to break down a little in the mixing.