Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a wonderful flavourful BBQ'd bread that will go with any meal. Our Grand daughter's husband Tex, is a fantastic cook and came up with this recipe using his herb garden - delicious!! (I did mine in the oven - it was lovely)
- 453.59 g frozen pizza dough, defrosted (or make your own pizza dough)
- 59.14 ml olive oil, divided (extra virgin is best)
- 236.59 ml mixed fresh herbs (I used basil, thyme, parsley and oregano)
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped (more if you prefer)
- 1.23 ml pepper, freshly ground (Or 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes)
- If using the oven, preheat to 375f.
- Spread the pizza dough on a veggie sprayed cookie sheet, as thin or as thick as you prefer.
- If using the oven, bake the dough for 4 or 5 minutes, until golden and raised, remove from oven.
- Brush pizza dough with half of the olive oil.
- Sprinkle the herbs and garlic over to cover the surface.
- Grind the pepper over all and drizzle the other half of the olive oil over.
- Return the bread to the oven and bake for a further 6 to 8 minutes or until golden and cooked through, slice and enjoy!.
- Do not precook the dough, spread it out and cover it as above and place on a medium hot BBQ rack, close the lid and cook until cooked through with grill marks and golden.