1/2 Photos of Tex's BBQ Herb and Garlic Bread
This is a wonderful flavourful BBQ'd bread that will go with any meal. Our Grand daughter's husband Tex, is a fantastic cook and came up with this recipe using his herb garden - delicious!! (I did mine in the oven - it was lovely)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb frozen pizza dough, defrosted (or make your own pizza dough)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided (extra virgin is best)
- 1 cup mixed fresh herbs (I used basil, thyme, parsley and oregano)
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped (more if you prefer)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground (Or 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes)
- 1If using the oven, preheat to 375f.
- 2Spread the pizza dough on a veggie sprayed cookie sheet, as thin or as thick as you prefer.
- 3If using the oven, bake the dough for 4 or 5 minutes, until golden and raised, remove from oven.
- 4Brush pizza dough with half of the olive oil.
- 5Sprinkle the herbs and garlic over to cover the surface.
- 6Grind the pepper over all and drizzle the other half of the olive oil over.
- 7Return the bread to the oven and bake for a further 6 to 8 minutes or until golden and cooked through, slice and enjoy!.
- 9Do not precook the dough, spread it out and cover it as above and place on a medium hot BBQ rack, close the lid and cook until cooked through with grill marks and golden.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex's BBQ Herb and Garlic Bread
Serving Size: 1 (9 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 63.2
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen pizza dough
mixed fresh herbs