Recipe by Recipe Junkie
This is from Taste of Home. I served this chili a few years ago one Sunday after church and everyone raved over it.
- 8 slices bacon, strips diced
- 2 1⁄2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- stewed tomatoes
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained. (I prefer chili beans myself)
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove to paper towel to drain.
- Brown beef in the drippings over medium heat.
- Transfer to a 5 quart slow cooker.
- Add bacon and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or until the meat is tender, stirring occasionally.