Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Haven't tried this yet. It sounds good though.
- 4 slices maple flavored bacon
- 1 red pepper, chopped fine
- 1 yellow onion, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 16 ounces frozen whole kernel corn
- 10 ounces tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- salt and pepper
- Cook bacon in large soup pot. Remove bacon, leaving drippings in the pot, and crumble. Set bacon aside.
- Saute red pepper, onion and garlic in bacon drippings for about five minutes over medium-high heat until tender.
- Add flour and stir constantly for about a minute.
- Add potoates, corn and chicken broth. Bring to a rolling boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for twenty minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in tomatoes and chilies and simmer for additional five minutes.
- Add cheese and cook for another couple of minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with crumbled bacon on top.