Texican Cheesy Corn and Potato Soup
- Cook bacon in large soup pot. Remove bacon, leaving drippings in the pot, and crumble. Set bacon aside.
- Saute red pepper, onion and garlic in bacon drippings for about five minutes over medium-high heat until tender.
- Add flour and stir constantly for about a minute.
- Add potoates, corn and chicken broth. Bring to a rolling boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for twenty minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in tomatoes and chilies and simmer for additional five minutes.
- Add cheese and cook for another couple of minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with crumbled bacon on top.