Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Haven't tried this yet. It sounds good though.
Make and share this Texican Cheesy Corn and Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4 slices maple flavored bacon
- 1 red pepper, chopped fine
- 1 yellow onion, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 16 ounces frozen whole kernel corn
- 10 ounces tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- salt and pepper
- Cook bacon in large soup pot. Remove bacon, leaving drippings in the pot, and crumble. Set bacon aside.
- Saute red pepper, onion and garlic in bacon drippings for about five minutes over medium-high heat until tender.
- Add flour and stir constantly for about a minute.
- Add potoates, corn and chicken broth. Bring to a rolling boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for twenty minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in tomatoes and chilies and simmer for additional five minutes.
- Add cheese and cook for another couple of minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with crumbled bacon on top.