Recipe by Rise`
Ok, not sure where the "Texas" part comes from but this is an excellent easy recipe and a nice change of taste. Credit for the original recipe goes to Mark Picker of Central Market with a few changes from me - i.e. extra garlic of course! ;)
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
My husband and I thought these wraps were fantastic, Rise. I used fresh oregano. The onion, garlic, and oregano flavors were the most prevalent and went well with the zucchini. In addition to the MJ cheese, we spooned a little hot salsa on before we wrapped them up. Made an excellent flavorful, and quick supper. Thanks.
- 6 -8 flour tortillas
- 4 medium zucchini, washed,trimmed and julienned
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced about half way into green
- 4 -5 sprigs fresh oregano, finely chopped or 1 teaspoon dried oregano (*for variation, try using cilantro in place of the oregano)
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- salt and pepper
- olive oil, for sauteing
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all of the ingredients (except tortillas, cheese and oil) in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Heat oil in sauté pan.
- Add vegetable mixture and cook until zucchini is just tender.
- Spoon 3 to 4 tablespoons of the vegetable mixture onto a tortilla.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Optional: add salsa, hot sauce or sour cream.
- Roll tortilla into a"wrap" and serve while warm.
- I also made these last night using left over smoked turkey that we have and it was wonderful.