Recipe by yooper
I just came across this one but wish I had found it in July! Sounds like a perfect dessert for a picnic or backyard grill out! I can't wait until watermelon is back in season here!
Top Review by Mrs. Wright
Delicious and a huge hit! the consistency is a little different than a boxed cake. I added blakc gel "seeds" to the top to make it look even better! I also used watermelon jello. And I added a little food coloring to the frosting to get the desired colors.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) packagemixed-fruit gelatin
- 1 1⁄3 cups seedless watermelon, cubes
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup watermelon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- For cake: In a large bowol, mix all ingredients.
- Pour into a bundt pan and bake for 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- When cool, frost with the Watermelon Icing.
- For icing: In a bowl, mix cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Add confectioners sugar and watermelon juice; stir until blended.