Recipe by grandma2969
I make this up and keep on hand for busy days...tastes like you took a long time...you will need a wide mouth pint jar for this....
- 1 5⁄8 ounces brown gravy mix
- 2 tablespoons mild red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 10 -12 tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup pasta, small to medium sized, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour gravy mix into wide-mouth jar.
- In small bowl, stir together chili powder, oregano, cumin, onion and garlic salt.
- Pour into jar to make second layer.
- Add layers to tortilla chips and pasta to fill the jar.
- Attach a gift tag with the following instructions:.
- TEXAS TWO STEP SOUP.
- Brown 1/2 lb ground beef in large saucepan. Add contents of jar and 7 cups of water; heat to boiling, stir in 1 (15 oz) can corn with red and green bell peppers and ` (16 oz) can chopped tomatoes.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with crushed tortilla chips and shredded Monterey Jack cheese, & sour cream if desired.
- Makes 8 servings.