Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I make this up and keep on hand for busy days...tastes like you took a long time...you will need a wide mouth pint jar for this....
- 1 5⁄8 ounces brown gravy mix
- 2 tablespoons mild red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 10 -12 tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup pasta, small to medium sized, uncooked
- Pour gravy mix into wide-mouth jar.
- In small bowl, stir together chili powder, oregano, cumin, onion and garlic salt.
- Pour into jar to make second layer.
- Add layers to tortilla chips and pasta to fill the jar.
- Attach a gift tag with the following instructions:.
- TEXAS TWO STEP SOUP.
- Brown 1/2 lb ground beef in large saucepan. Add contents of jar and 7 cups of water; heat to boiling, stir in 1 (15 oz) can corn with red and green bell peppers and ` (16 oz) can chopped tomatoes.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with crushed tortilla chips and shredded Monterey Jack cheese, & sour cream if desired.
- Makes 8 servings.
Very good soup! I followed the instructions and did some for me and my boyfriend before handing it to anyone. I will do some for my relatives for sure! Thanks a lot! Julie
I tried this at home - and then made several for gifts for friends. Nice to have on hand for a quick meal. Mary
I was originally going to put the ingredients into jars as it suggests and give it away as Christmas gifts. I decided to make this ahead of time just to make sure it tasted good. I was pleasantly surprised. This is the best soup I have had in a long time. I just left out the chips and used them only as a garnish along with the sour cream and cheese.It tastes a lot like chili, only its a soup. Wonderful for yourself or as a gift. I highly recommend!