Recipe by Texaspollock
Wonderful rich chili recipe that I got from a pillsbury slow cooker cookbook. I modfied this to suit our family.
- 2 lbs boneless beef chuck steaks (cut in 1 inch pieces)
- 1 lb pork tenderloin (cut in 1 inch pieces)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 (10 ounce) cans tomatoes and green chilies (undrained)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans (undrained)
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer (can use non-alcoholic beer)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- green onion (sliced)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, coat both meats with flour.
- Heat oil in large skillet and add flour coated meats. Brown on all sides. (do this in batches if necessary).
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray. (Or you can use a pressure cooker for much quicker cooking).
- Mix browned meat and all remaining ingredients (except green onions).
- Cover and cook on low heat fro 7 to 9 hours. (if using a pressure cooker,once pressure is reached, set timer for 75 mins(or 1 hr & 15 min).
- Sprinkle with green onions and sevre.
- Weight Watchers-6 points per 1 cup serving.