Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my Mom's recipe for chili dogs.
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans or 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, not drained
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 lb hot dog
- 8 hot dog buns
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a saucepan, combine the beans with their liquid and all the seasonings.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes, if too thick add a little water.
- Slice hot dogs in spirals and cook in simmering water for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Split buns, but not all the way through.
- Put hot dog on bun, top with lots of bean sauce and sprinkle with shredded cheese.