Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A tasty variation on the tuna casserole we're all familiar with. It's very tasty and spicy. Feel free to reduce the amount of jalapeno peppers to suit our taste. This recipe makes a lot of food, but iit can be halved easily. This recipe was published in a community cookbook entitled "Green Thumbs in the Kitchen."
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomatoes, including liquid
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 24 ounces cheese, shredded (divided)
- 2 ounces jalapeno peppers, canned (optional)
- 36 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except tortillas in a large bowl.
- Overlap tortillas in the bottom of a large baking pan.
- Cover with tuna mixture.
- Sprinkle reserved 1 cup cheese on top.
- Bake 45 minutes, or microwave on hight for 20 minutes.
- May be served hot or cold.