Recipe by Sue Lau
One man's trash is another man's treasure. This is definitely treasure.
Top Review by Vina
This is a wonderful snack recipe! I took a doubled recipe to an outdoor/bring-a-treat-to-share party and it was gone in minutes! I have since had many phone calls and emails requesting the recipe. It will be a staple at my house from now on!
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup hot pepper sauce (Crystal or Frank's)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crumbled oregano
- 2 cups Fritos corn chips
- 2 cups Crispix cereal
- 2 cups ritz bitz cheese crackers
- 2 cups corn nuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups goldfish pretzels
- 1 cup pepitas (dark green pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 2⁄3 cup shelled sunflower seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a shallow 2-quart baking dish, mix together melted butter, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire, chili powder, garlic powder, and oregano.
- In a large bowl, mix up Fritos, Crispix, Ritx Bits, Corn Nuts, Goldfish, pepitas, peanuts, and sunflower seeds.
- Pour mixture into pan with butter mixture and toss to coat evenly and thoroughly with the butter sauce.
- Place baking dish in the preheated oven, and bake, stirring every 10 minutes or so, for 1 hour, or until dry and lightly browned.
- Cool completely, then store in a tightly covered storage container.
- It is best served within 2 days.