1 hr 10 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
One man's trash is another man's treasure. This is definitely treasure.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce (Crystal or Frank's)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crumbled oregano
- 2 cups Fritos corn chips
- 2 cups Crispix cereal
- 2 cups ritz bitz cheese crackers
- 2 cups corn nuts
- 1 1/2 cups goldfish pretzels
- 1 cup pepitas (dark green pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 2/3 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- 2In a shallow 2-quart baking dish, mix together melted butter, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire, chili powder, garlic powder, and oregano.
- 3In a large bowl, mix up Fritos, Crispix, Ritx Bits, Corn Nuts, Goldfish, pepitas, peanuts, and sunflower seeds.
- 4Pour mixture into pan with butter mixture and toss to coat evenly and thoroughly with the butter sauce.
- 5Place baking dish in the preheated oven, and bake, stirring every 10 minutes or so, for 1 hour, or until dry and lightly browned.
- 6Cool completely, then store in a tightly covered storage container.
- 7It is best served within 2 days.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Texas Trash
Serving Size: 1 (1159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.1
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 16.8 mg
- Sodium 897.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 13.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Fritos corn chips