Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
One man's trash is another man's treasure. This is definitely treasure.
Make and share this Texas Trash recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup hot pepper sauce (Crystal or Frank's)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crumbled oregano
- 2 cups Fritos corn chips
- 2 cups Crispix cereal
- 2 cups ritz bitz cheese crackers
- 2 cups corn nuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups goldfish pretzels
- 1 cup pepitas (dark green pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 2⁄3 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a shallow 2-quart baking dish, mix together melted butter, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire, chili powder, garlic powder, and oregano.
- In a large bowl, mix up Fritos, Crispix, Ritx Bits, Corn Nuts, Goldfish, pepitas, peanuts, and sunflower seeds.
- Pour mixture into pan with butter mixture and toss to coat evenly and thoroughly with the butter sauce.
- Place baking dish in the preheated oven, and bake, stirring every 10 minutes or so, for 1 hour, or until dry and lightly browned.
- Cool completely, then store in a tightly covered storage container.
- It is best served within 2 days.
This is a wonderful snack recipe! I took a doubled recipe to an outdoor/bring-a-treat-to-share party and it was gone in minutes! I have since had many phone calls and emails requesting the recipe. It will be a staple at my house from now on!
I mean't to rate this weeks ago (sorry for the late review) I needed to bring a dish for a tailgate party we were having at work and it was a last minute thing. I didn't want to bring all the usual (chips & dips) This one was suggested to me and I jumped on it. (love the name) This was an absolute hit. Everyone really enjoyed this. Luckily I saved a little for home. It was gone in no time and the recipe was requested by many. Thanks Sue, you made me look good!
This was a hit at our party! Spicy but good! Loved the Frito's and Peanuts toasted with this coating Thanks Sue L ; )