Not your ordinary snack mix! A BIG, BOLD FLAVOR just like the State of Texas! This can be doubled, tripled or quadrupled successfully. You can also add other ingredients, just keep the proportion of spicy butter to the dry ingredients the same as in the recipe. I usually add goldfish crackers to mine.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 1 cup pretzel
- 1 cup nuts
- Preheat oven to 250.
- Mix the first 7 ingredients in a cup with a spout.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a baking pan.
- Pour the butter and seasonings over the dry mix, stirring until each piece is coated.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Stir in an air tight container.
- Freezes well.
Great stuff - it just won't last long - I recommend making two batches. One for your guests and one for yourself :-) I added goldfish crackers like you suggested and the cereal, pretzels and peanuts. Delicious!
This party mix was some mighty spicy stuff. I made it for New Year's and my family went through it like nobody's business. I did get a bowl full to taste. Very salty and zesty. We had lots of cold beer and iced tea to cool us off. Thanks Junebug. This is something I would definitely make again.
Great snack mix. I served it at Christmas and my family killed it. Perfectly seasoned. The burn comes on slowly and after a few bites, you are looking for something to drink. Loved it, Junebug. Thanks.