This is a recipe that I make that I am posting to keep from loosing it! Also includes how to make tortilla strips for topping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn (undrained)
- 1 (8 ounce) can chicken (yes, canned chicken)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (3 ounce) package dry enchilada mix
- 3 cups water
- 1Throw all ingredients for SOUP into a crock pot & cook all day OR.
- 2Put all ingredients for SOUP into a pot and heat to a boil, then simmer for 30 minutes.
- 3TORTILLA STRIPS:.
- 4Cut tortilla into strips.
- 5Melt Crisco, vegetable oil, or butter in a pan.
- 6Drop tortilla strips into pan & fry for 5 minutes.
- 7Top with desired condiments.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Texas Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.9
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.7 mg
- Sodium 432.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry enchilada mix