Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Recipe is from Southern Living Magazine. Great little appetizer!
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can mild green chilies, chopped and undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Stir together first 4 ingredients; stir in chilies and cheeses. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 11 x 17 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until set. Cool and cut into squares.
Enjoyed this very much. Knew we would as we are cheese heads. Just right amount of heat. Made half batch, baked in 9X 13 pan, took 30 minutes. We thought it a bit salty so next time would reduce salt by half. Thank you for posting.
This was an excellent recipe, Nancy's Pantry. Very tasty! I made it exactly as written (for the ingredients, anyway), and it had just enough kick for me. I had to make one adjustment--I don't have the right size pan, so I split it among two 9x13-inch baking dishes, and they were a little flat but ever so tasty, and they took only about 30 minutes to cook at the temperature listed in the recipe. I served these with bowls of salsa and sour cream, and they were just wonderful with our Margaritas while we waited out the mini-snow storm that hit our area yesterday! It's a good thing I took a photo of a few before serving them, because they were gone in a flash. This is my newest favorite appetizer that I will bring to potlucks and parties. Made for "Please Review My Recipe" tag game.