Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe was submitted to TOH by Taryn Kuebelbeck. These are hearty open-faced sandwiches. Easy-to-prepare cubed steaks are featured in the sandwiches along with spinach, cheese, and tomato. This makes a delicious and hearty lunch or light supper meal.
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chiles in adobo, minced
- 6 slices Texas toast thick bread
- 6 beef cube steaks (about 4 oz. each)
- 2 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 6 slices muenster cheese (1/2 oz. each)
- 6 slices tomatoes
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and chipotle pepper. Heat Texas toast on a foil-lined baking sheet according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook beef in batches over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Layer warmed Texas toast with spinach, steaks, mayonnaise mixture, cheese and tomato. Broil 3-4 inches from heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Wow! These sandwiches are way too good! The flavors are amazing! That chipotle mayo rocks-it really adds a nice kick to the sandwich, which is balanced so perfectly with the cheese, meat, spinach, bread, and tomatoes. My timing was poor, so I used a toaster to do the initial toast on the bread (and I would probably do that again, since it was so quick) prior to broiling with all of the ingredients on top. Other than that, I followed the recipe as is and I wouldn't change a thing. Mmm...mouth watering thinking about these again. :) Thanks for posting this terrific recipe!