Recipe by Sooz Cooks
We love grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup in our house and this is how we make our grilled cheese sandwiches. This recipe is per sandwich it turns out really crispy on the outside but creamy on the inside.
- 2 slices Texas toast thick bread
- 2 cheese slices
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon butter (or margarine)
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast bread in toaster.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat.
- Spread mayonnaise on each slice of bread.
- Place both slices of cheese between the two slices of bread (on the mayonnaise side).
- Melt butter in the skillet.
- Place the sandwich in the skillet with the butter.
- Use a spatula to turn sandwich from side to side until cheese is melted.
- When the cheese is melted and the outside is crispy and browned to your taste, remove the sandwich and cut into your favorite shape (diagonal, or half, or into four squares).
- Serve on a plate with your favorite side, chips, tomato soup, BOTH!