Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Nicely flavored Texas Toast to grill or broil. This uses Emeril's Creole Essence, which DiB's has posted Creole Essence / Bayou Blast.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon emeril creole seasoning (Creole Essence / Bayou Blast)
- 4 slices thick bread
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, garnish
- Preheat the grill or broiler.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter, garlic, and Essence until smooth.
- Place the toast on the grill or broiler and cook until lightly colored on 1 side.
- Remove and spread 1 tablespoon of the seasoned butter on the toasted side.
- Return to the grill or broiler and cook until lightly toasted on the bottom, and the garlic butter is melted across the top.
- Remove from the grill or broiler and cut each toast in half on the diagonal.
- Serve immediately.
Love the spicy taste the seasoning gave to this garlic bread. A great addition to our chicken dinner last night. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe, Connie!
This is a very nice recipe - crispy, buttery, & yummy. Do watch it carefully under the broiler. It can burn easily.