Prep 6 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love Texas Toast and this is a recipe to make it at home. Known for its hearty thickness, Texas Toast is often served with ribs and other grilled meats and barbecue sauce. You can spread softened butter on both sides of the bread instead of using the cooking spray. If you don't have seasoned salt on hand, you can use garlic salt instead. You can also add cheese. From Betty Crocker Summer Get-Togethers.
- cooking spray
- 8 slices white bread, about 1 inch thick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Spray grill rack with cooking spray.
- Heat coals or gas grill.
- Spray both sides of bread slices with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Grill bread uncovered 4 inches from medium heat 4 to 6 minutes, turning once, until golden brown.