Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this from the Betty Crocker Casseroles & Slow Cooker Meals cookbook. I just tried it and it is quite tasty and very easy to put together. You can also use salsa in place of the picante sauce if you choose.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 Cup)
- 1 medium celery, chopped (1/2 Cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup old elpaso thick 'n chunky picante sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen tater tots
- 1⁄2 cup shredded taco blend cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Cook beef, onion, celery and garlic in 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.
- Stir soup, corn, picante, chili powder and pepper into beef mixture. Spoon into ungreased 2 1/2 quart casserole dish. Top with frozen potato nuggets.
- Bake uncovered 40 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 to 10 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
My friend was just telling me about tater tot casserole that has mushroom soup. This sounds better, I'm going to make it tonight.