Recipe by DesiRay
I got this from the Betty Crocker Casseroles & Slow Cooker Meals cookbook. I just tried it and it is quite tasty and very easy to put together. You can also use salsa in place of the picante sauce if you choose.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 Cup)
- 1 medium celery, chopped (1/2 Cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup old elpaso thick 'n chunky picante sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen tater tots
- 1⁄2 cup shredded taco blend cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Cook beef, onion, celery and garlic in 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.
- Stir soup, corn, picante, chili powder and pepper into beef mixture. Spoon into ungreased 2 1/2 quart casserole dish. Top with frozen potato nuggets.
- Bake uncovered 40 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 to 10 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.