Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Another Taste of Home recipe submitted by Kathy Young, Weatherford, TX.
Make and share this Texas Taco Platter recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs ground beef (lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (28 ounce) can ranch style beans, undrained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package corn chips
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup picante sauce (optional) or 1 cup salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, brown beef and onion; drain. Add next 7 ingredients; simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add beans and heat through.
- On a large platter, layer the corn chips, rice, ,meat mixture, cheese, onion, lettuce, tomatoes and olives.
- Serve with picante sauce or salsa if desired.
- Note: I would probably add some sour cream also.
Thank you for posting this! I had lost this recipe and was tickled to find it again. I use red kidney beans or pintos sometimes, family likes it with any bean, and we use our favorite Mexican rice #117892. I hate frying taco shells in 100+ degrees, so this is our summer tacos! In order to not heat up the house I also make the rice exactly as stated but instead of the oven I use the rice maker. Love this recipe!