Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a crisp, marinated, sweet-and-sour slaw. It is a delicious alternative to creamy coleslaw. This recipe is from the http://www.greenling.com website.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 8 cups coarsely shredded green cabbage (about 1/2 large head)
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, coarsely shredded
- Whisk sugar, vinegar, and oil to blend in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover tightly and refrigerate at least 4 hours, tossing occasionally. (Can be prepared 2 days ahead. Keep refrigerated.).
Great salad! Love that there's no mayo in this! It's simple and quick to assemble. Made as directed except omitted bell peppers and added a bit of salt. Jim requested this to be added to our regular rotation!
We really love thi cole slaw. I don't care for creamy slaw and this is wonderful. I add some celery seed to mine which adds that extra little something. Thanks for sharing this recipe.