Recipe by Snowyowl/PB
I was given this recipe from a friend whose family lives in Texas, she stated that this is an old family recipe, but she would like to see others enjoy it also. So have at it and Enjoy!!!
Top Review by coralew2_8107708
I was reading your recipe and I found it to be a very good one. But..........where's the butter?
I will try this recipe this thanksgiving with butter, then I will write my second review.
- 2 1⁄2 cups yams, nuked until done and mashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove, ground
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 (6 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells