Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I was given this recipe from a friend whose family lives in Texas, she stated that this is an old family recipe, but she would like to see others enjoy it also. So have at it and Enjoy!!!
- 2 1⁄2 cups yams, nuked until done and mashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove, ground
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 (6 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells
- Beat ingredients until well mixed.
- Pour into pie shell. Make sure that shell is placed on a cookie sheet that will not flip up.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 50 minutes or until knife insurted into center comes out clean.
I was reading your recipe and I found it to be a very good one. But..........where's the butter?
I will try this recipe this thanksgiving with butter, then I will write my second review.