Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A Bold Texas style pulled pork in a chili seasoned BBQ sauce. Pulled to tender shreds of perfection. Best served on a buttered toasted pub bun.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (I use Bulls Eye)
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard (I use Grey Poupon)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot chili powder
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 (4 lb) pork roast
- Set slow cooker to low heat. Add all ingredients except pork roast to slow cooker and stir until well blended. Allow mix to heat for 5-10 minute
- Add one 4lbs roast to the slow cooker. Baste roast with juices in the crock pot. Cover with lid and allow to cook for 8 hours on low or until pork shreds easily with a fork. If you so choose you can cut cooking time down to approximately 5 hours by cooking on high. I recommend the low setting for best results.
- Once pork roast will shred easily with a fork remove roast from slow cooker and shred roast using two forks. Return meat to slow cooker and stir meat in to the juices.
- Pork is now ready to serve.
- Best served on buttered toasted pub buns, but potato buns or regular hamburger buns will work.