Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe originally came from Mc Cormick, but I made a few adjustments. Hubby, daughter and I liked this recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) packagemc cormick sloppy joe seasoning mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canold el paso chopped green chilies
- 8 ounces cansbush best pinto beans (rinsed and drained)
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 hamburger buns
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef; drain off fat.
- Add the Sloppy Joes Seasoning Mix, tomato sauce, ketchup and chopped green chiles.
- Stir in the pinto beans.
- Cover and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Serve over hamburger buns.
- Shake on a few dashes of Tabasco Sauce, (opt.) and some shredded cheddar cheese.
- Serves 8.
- Note: Prep time includes browning the ground beef.